Thursday, 27 March 2008

Make a Sepia Photographic Portrait of Your Dolls House Dolls

Take a digital photo of your dolls. Use the button that allows you to take close ups if you have one. The following instructions are for Adobe Photoshop but there is a lot of software that allows you to make your photos into a sepia print. You may find that you have some without realising.

Use the sepia option on "layer styles" to recolour the picture. Use "effects" to choose the "vignette" option which will put a frame around your people.
Resize your photo to turn it into a mini printable family portrait and pop it in a frame.

You can click and print the photo above to use as a mini printable.




3 comments:

Kerry said...

Great idea. Thanks,enjoyed looking around, read every post and added you to my faves. Got a dollshouse kit for Xmas

Kerry xx

Gail said...

WOW! I loved all of your ideas! The sepia idea is perfect! I wish I would have thought of that! I have been looking for the perfect photo to hang in the kitchen and I never though of taking the photo myself! What a great idea! My Great-Aunt turned me onto Doll Houses when I was very young. She was very creative too. She once took a piece of green or red ribon and glued alphabet soup noodles (dry) to it spelling out "Merry Christmas." You would NEVER have known they were noodles. How clever!
Anyway, I'm writing this post because she's left me her doll house things and I'm selling a bunch of it on ebay. If you, or your readers are interested in some inexpensive, odds and ends pieces, take a look! My screen name is gailzie2001.
Have a great day - and I can't WAIT to see what you clever people come up with next!

Valentina said...

This is one of the cleverest ideas I have ever seen! I absolutely LOVE it! Will be using this for my haunted house dollhouse for sure.